Title

Title

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wild Goose Wednesday

Wild Goose Wednesday is pretty simple.

Each Wednesday for the next 33 weeks I will be
making and posting 8 flying geese for a total of 264.

Use the simple tutorial above to make
4 | 2-1/2" x 5" finished blocks
Cutting
From print #1 {light or dark print} cut 1 | 6-1/4" square
From #2 Print {light or dark print} cut 4 |3-3/8" squares
Assemble
1.Draw diagonal lines on wrong side of smaller squares.
2.With right sides together place two small squares in 
opposite corners. Sew 1/4" on each side of drawn line.
3. Cut on diagonal line. Open triangles and press.
4. With right sides together place another small square
in corner as shown and sew 1/4" on each side of line.
5. Cut on diagonal line. Open triangles and press.

If you would like to make a different size block
Once the quilt is assembled it will measure 55" x 60"
This is my inspiration. There are more flying geese 
quilts here to inspire you.

Lets get started | Using directions above make 8 Wild Geese 


5 comments:

  1. I love this method. In fact, I think I may just do this! What a fun way to use up small pieces of fabric or fabrics that you are tired of looking at in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to use the flying geese for a border for my Baskets A-Plenty quilt I am working on. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Will be following every week. What a great way to use up scraps!!! Its going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question! Do your finished block dimensions mean before or after piecing to others? My geese did come out to about 3x5.5. After sewing it to others I guess it'd come out to 2.5x5. If I'm trimming down to 2.5x5 I'm just kinda surprised how much excess I have to trim off. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete